Saturday, May 12, 2012

Welcome


Hello all, 

My name is Sarah, I am known as Adoreabubbles on YouTube. I don't consider myself 'famous' or a 'celebrity' I just think of myself as an average woman from Ireland who likes making videos for the beauty community. My favourite aspect of YouTube is that I am making friends with women who have the same interests as me. 

Meeting those women is how I came up with the idea for S.H.E (Support, Health & Encouragement). We can support each other, we can make each other stronger with encouragement and kind words. I have met so many wonderful women over the last year. Some of them have spoken to me about things they wouldn't speak to their partners or family members about. It may have been a lack of confidence or a feeling of embarrassment but for some reason these ladies felt they could talk to me and I was only too happy to give my opinion or advice. 

How does it work. 
You can follow this blog and like our FACEBOOK page. I am hoping other bloggers will get involved and volunteer to do guest post on topics relating to healthy living and women's health. Some of the post will not be written by bloggers but by women without blogs who want to share their experiences with you so I invite you to comment and give feedback. Some of these post will be very personal and in some cases the identity of the person will not be published. Nasty comments will not be tolerated on here or the facebook page, anyone seen to be behaving rudely will be removed.
Over on our facebook page I invite you to keep in touch with the other members of the group. You can ask for advice or share your achievements whatever they might be.

If you would like to guest post on this blog please contact me adoreabubbles@hotmail.com or on TWITTER and we can go from their. If their is any topics you would like me or another bloggers to address the Facebook page would be a great place to let us know.

One of the main reasons I wanted to make this group was because I have heard so many women tell me how unhappy they are with their weight. I have always struggled to get to a place where I felt happy in my body. Going shopping for clothes is sometimes a nightmare for me. Recently I did lose some weight and my confidence levels have shot through the roof and I don't want it to stop.

Goal
I have set a goal for myself and I want you all to join me. I want to lead a healthy lifestyle but at the moment I am doing the opposite. I order take-away more nights a week than I care to admit. I drink far too many fizzy drinks and I don't do any physical activities (apart from one but if my mam is reading this I don't do that). 
This year on the 8th of September there is a women's mini marathon in Killarney. I want you all to do it with me! I am not joking! I want us all to encourage each other to get off the sofas and out into the fresh air and do what ever it takes to prepare ourselves for that marathon. 

All Marathon details can be found HERE

That gives us 16 weeks and six days to prove to ourselves that we can do it. I would like to add that this marathon can be walked, before any of you keel over at the thought of running 6.2 miles. I nearly did!

If you are not a resident of Ireland you can come up with your own goal. Share it with us on Facebook, it might give us some inspirations because after this marathon I'll be looking for another goal to achieve. 

I will be talking about this more very soon. For now, I want you to follow this blog and head on over to facebook to stay up to date with all topics and events.


A few things to be noted before I go:
  • This is a female only group. I want women to feel comfortable in talking and sharing. I will be removing any males that like the facebook page.
  • As I said before this is all about encouragement and positivity if anyone is being rude towards another member they will be removed. You are entitled to your own opinion but please put yourself in the other person shoes before you make any comments. 
  • Have fun and make new friends! 





12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you set this up Sarah! I hope many other ladies join and we can help each other achieve our goals and ditch the bulge well that's my goal and also for me to be less self consious and more active.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to be with you each step of the way :D

      Delete
  2. I love this! Such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a brilliant idea Sarah, very excited for future posts! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very excited too, overwhelmed with all the great responses so far. :D

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope great things come of it. x

      Delete
  5. REALLY GREAT IDEA!!!

    REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE IT GROW!!!

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, I rarely use FB, but am looking forward to the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay if you don't have access to facebook, the blog is the heart of S.H.E so you wont miss out on anything.

      Delete